
I am currently enrolled in another class this semester called “Teaching of Writing”. It focuses on today’s elementary school readers and the best ways to teach them not only in writing, but literacy in general. Lately we have discussed the topic of whether the way were taught in elementary school influences the way we will teach. We recently read an article that persuaded us to believe that the way we were taught makes a big impact on the way we will plan our lessons and portray each lesson to our students. I definitely agree with this idea. I can easily think back to some lessons that I absolutely hated; not so much because of the subjects but because of the way it was taught. However, there are also some lessons that I really did enjoy that I will use. I definitely feel like the way we were taught takes a toll on the way we will teach. I know that some subjects can be difficult to make interesting or fun, but I really do want to strive to be a teacher that makes children excited to learn.

No comments:
Post a Comment